Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Signs, Signs, Everwhere there's signs!

We were driving in the car the other day and we saw a sign that said "Signage available." This started a great debate amoung the tribe. Is signage even a word?

The Tyrant brought up a Spongbob episode where Mr. Krabs says it. The Mother Hen chimes in, "That is a cartoon, so it doesn't have to use real words and I don't think it is a real word." The Show wonders, "But is if is not a real word, why is it on that sign?" Bear rolls his eyes at us, "You guys are crazy... Some body pease save me from this conversation!"

So, when I got home, I went so Wikipedia. And according to them signage, is in fact a real word. Mystery solved!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH--HA!!
I Knew it! I have been using this words for yrss......among alot of others....prolly could rewrite the dictionary!!.lol

Anonymous said...

I knew it was a real word, but only beacause of my many years as a retail rat where the merchandising people were constantly referring to 'signage packages', 'shelf talkers', etc. MAN, am I glad I'm not part of that world any more!